The Pi Eye Kit is a prototype kit for experienced makers and others who have some capabilities for completing this project on their workbench. It requires some drilling and fabrication which currently is a little beyond a “Batteries not included” type of product. The first production run is available, but limited to a small number of units. For details on what’s in the kit look at the Bill of Materials page and then take a look at the assembly instructions.
We are offering this kit a little bit above the cost of components. Many of the parts are available on Amazon or eBay, but the two circular support plates are a unique part of the design and only available here.
If you get the kit you’ll need these items to complete the project:
- Raspberry Pi (Version 3 recommended)
- Raspberry Pi Camera (Version 2 recommended)
- Raspberry Pi Power Supply (2.5 amp recommended)
- Mounting stand (A tripod, CCTV mount or locally fabricated mount)
- Sense-Hat Board (optional)
- Sense-Hat Extender Pins (optional)
- Thin HDMI Cable
- Eye Skin